Jalmay Innovative O2 Solution (OPC) Private Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates and Associate Companies (individually and/ or collectively, “Jalmay”) is/are concerned about the privacy of the data and information of users (including sellers and buyers/customers whether registered or non-registered) accessing, offering, selling or purchasing products or services on Jalmay’s websites and otherwise doing business with Jalmay. “Associate Companies” here shall have the same meaning as ascribed in Companies Act, 2013.
- The nature of data or information that You agree to consensually share with or provide to Jalmay and that Jalmay collects from You under Your informed authorisation.
- The purpose for collection of such data or information from You;
- Jalmay’s information security practices and policies; and
- Information collection, processing and storage of such Information:
The “Information” (which shall also include data) provided by You to Jalmay or collected from You by Jalmay may consist of “Personal Information”, “Sensitive Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information”.
- Personal Information:
- Your user name along with Your password,
- Your name,
- Your address,
- Your telephone number,
- Your e-mail address or other contact information,
- Your date of birth,
- Your gender,
- Information regarding your transactions on the Website, (including sales or purchase history),
- Your financial information such as bank account information, IFSC Code, Branch Name for processing refunds ,
- Internet Protocol address,
- Any other items of ‘sensitive personal data or information’ as such term is defined under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices And Procedures And Sensitive Personal Data Of Information) Rules, 2011 enacted under the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Identification code of your communication device which You use to access the Website or otherwise deal with any Jalmay entity,
- Any other Information that You provide during Your registration process, if any, on the Website. Such Personal Information may be collected in various ways including during the course of You:
- registering as a user on the Website,
- registering as a seller on the Website,
- Availing services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to making an offer for sale, online purchase, participating in an online survey or contest, communicating with Jalmay’s customer service by phone, email or otherwise or posting user reviews on the items available on the Website, or
- Non-Personal Information:
Jalmay may also collect information other than Personal Information from You through the Website when You visit and / or use the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This Non-Personal Information would not assist Jalmay to identify You personally. This Non-Personal Information may include:
- Your geographic location,
- details of Your telecom service provider or internet service provider,
- the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc.),
- the operating system of Your system, communication device and the Website You last visited before visiting the Website,
- Your installed packages information
You hereby represent to Jalmay that:
- the Information You provide to Jalmay from time to time is and shall be authentic, correct, current and updated and You have all the rights, permissions and consents as may be required to provide such Information to Jalmay.
- Your providing the Information to Jalmay and Jalmay’s consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, charter documents, judgments, orders and decrees.
- Your Information will primarily be stored in electronic form however certain data can also be stored in physical form. We may store, collect, process and use your data in countries other than Republic of India but under compliance with applicable laws. We may enter into agreements with third parties (in or outside of India) to store or process your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will on commercial reasonable basis require from such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data and which will be at par with the security standards applied by Us.
Purpose for collecting, using, storing and processing Your Information [Collectively called “Purposes”]
Jalmay collects, uses, stores and processes Your Information for any purpose as may be permissible under applicable laws (including where the applicable law provides for such collection, usage, storage or processing in accordance with the consent of the user) connected with a function or activity of each of Jalmay entities and shall include the following:
- to facilitate Your use of the Website or other services of Jalmay entities;
- to respond to Your inquiries or fulfill Your requests for information about the various products and services offered on the Website;
- to provide You with updated information about products and services available on the Website and to send You information, materials, and latest offers from Jalmay;
- to notify You important information regarding the Website, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send You surveys and marketing communications that Jalmay believes may be of interest to You;
- to personalize Your experience on the Website by presenting advertisements, products and offers tailored to Your preferences;
- to help You address Your problems incurred on the Website including addressing any technical problems;
- if You purchase any product or avail of any service from the Website, to complete and fulfil Your purchase, for example, to have Your payments and refunds processed, to communicate with You regarding Your purchase and provide You with related customer service;
- for proper administering of the Website;
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website);
- to improve the services, content and advertising on the Website;
- to provide value added services such as Single Sign On. Single Sign On shall mean a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter his/her name or mobile number or e-mail address or any combination thereof and password in order to access multiple websites and applications;
- to facilitate seamless purchase experience while making a transaction by pre-populating the OTP received through SMS by you;
- to facilitate various programs and initiatives launched by Jalmay or third party service providers and business associates;
- to analyze how our services are used, to measure the effectiveness of advertisements, for facilitating payments;
- for conducting academic research and surveys;
- to protect the integrity of the Website;
- to respond to legal, judicial, quasi-judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
- to conduct analytical studies on various aspects including user behaviour, user preferences etc.;
- to permit third parties who may need to contact users who have bought products from the Website for facilitating installation, service and any other product related support;
- to implement information security practices;
- to determine any security breaches, computer contaminant or computer virus;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities and suspected fraud,
- to undertake forensics of the concerned computer resource as a part of investigation or internal audit;
- to trace computer resources or any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law including the Information Technology Act, 2000 that is likely to have an adverse impact on the services provided on any Website or by Jalmay;
You hereby agree and acknowledge that the Information so collected is for lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of each of the Jalmay entities or any person on their respective behalf, and the collection of Information is necessary for the Purposes.
Access, collection, use and sharing post your Consent or at Your Direction.
Sharing and disclosure of Your Information
You hereby unconditionally agree and permit that Jalmay may transfer, share, disclose or part with all or any of Your Information, within and outside of the Republic of India to various Jalmay entities and/or to third party service providers / partners / banks and financial institutions for one or more of the Purposes or as may be required by applicable law. In such case we will contractually oblige the receiving parties of the Information to ensure the same level of data protection that is adhered to by Jalmay under applicable law.
You unconditionally agree and permit Jalmay to access and read your SMS to auto fill or prepopulate ‘OTP’ while making a transaction and to validate your mobile number.
Jalmay may also share Personal Information if Jalmay believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of various terms and conditions or our policies.
We reserve the right to disclose your information when required to do so by law or regulation, or under any legal obligation or order under law or in response to a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or judicial, quasi-judicial or any other statutory or constitutional authority or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
You further agree that such disclosure, sharing and transfer of Your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information shall not cause any wrongful loss to You or to any third party, or any wrongful gain to us or to any third party.
Links to third party websites
Links to third-party advertisements, third-party websites or any third party electronic communication service may be provided on the Website which are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with, Jalmay unless expressly specified on the Website.
Security & Retention
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. Jalmay strives to ensure the security of Your Personal Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. For this purpose, Jalmay adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Jalmay stores Your Personal Information. Each of the Jalmay entities shall adopt reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of Your Information. Provided that, Your right to claim damages shall be limited to the right to claim only statutory damages under Information Technology Act, 2000 and You hereby waive and release all Jalmay entities from any claim of damages under contract or under tort.
If you choose a payment gateway to complete any transaction on the Website then Your credit card data may be stored by the payment gateway (and not by Jalmay) in compliance with industry standards/ recommended data security standard for security of financial information such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
Jalmay may share your Information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement which inter alia provides for such third parties to not disclose the Information further unless such disclosure is for the Purposes. However, Jalmay is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information. Jalmay is not liable for any loss or injury caused to You as a result of You providing Your Personal Information to third party (including any third party websites, even if links to such third party websites are provided on the Website).
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Jalmay shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
A Force Majeure Event shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Jalmay and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer, computer system or computer network, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of Jalmay), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity.
While We will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any Personal Information which We hold about You and prevent unauthorized access, You acknowledge that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and that We cannot provide an absolute assurance regarding the security of Your Personal Information.
You agree that all Personal Information shall be retained till such time required for the Purpose and/or required under applicable law, whichever is later Please note here that theNon-Personal Information provided by You will be retained indefinitely.
User discretion and opt out
You agree and acknowledge that You are providing Your Information out of your free will and informed consent. You have an option not to provide or permit Jalmay to collect Your Personal Information or later on withdraw Your consent with respect to such Personal Information so provided herein by sending an email to the grievance officer of Jalmay on email@example.com or such other electronic address of the respective Jalmay entity as may be notified to You. In such case, You should neither visit any Website nor use any services provided by Jalmay entities nor shall contact any of the Jalmay entities. Further, as a consequence of Your consent withdrawal Jalmay may not be able to deliver products to You, upon Your order, or Jalmay may deny You access from using certain services offered on the Website.
You can add or update Your Personal Information on a regular basis. Kindly note that Jalmay is at liberty to retain Your Personal Information that you had provided previously through an informed consent.
For Jalmay Innovative O2 Solution (OPC) Private Limited:
Mr. Rajat Sharma, the designated grievance officer under Information Technology Act, 2000 and Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020. E-mail: grievanceofficer@Jalmay.in
Business / Assets Sale or Transfers
- is clear and easily accessible and provide statements of Jalmay policies and practices with respective to the Information;
- provides for the various types of personal and/or non-personal data of information to be collected;
- clearly provides for the purposes of collection, processing,usage and storage of the Information;
- provides for disclosure of Information; and
- provides for reasonable security practices and procedures.